New Writers Guide
How to become a Writer
- Agree to the Statement of Faith which is a variant of the Apostles Creed.
- Start a Church or Ministry in a platform we support. Platforms we currently support are:
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality
- Video Games
- Twitch Streaming
- Seek out a Metaverse Ministry Affiliate and become friends with them
- Ask them if you can get writer privilege, and they will contact the Wiki Admin to give you writer privilege, as currently the Metaverse Ministry Network is invite-only.
Visit Help:VisualEditor/User guide to explain any details of the visual editor you do not understand.
Unfortunately, to embed youtube videos requires editing the source code with "<youtube>DDoDSRr8yJ0</youtube>" where the center contains the video ID. Details on other variables like the definable width can be found at Extension:YouTube
Please use Page for Editing Practice to practice making edits if you feel uncomfortable making changes to wiki pages.
If you have any questions about editing, please email email@example.com .
Think carefully about the Wiki page name. Wiki pages cannot be renamed, only redirect to a new Wiki name. Also no two wiki pages can have the same name, so two Churches/Ministries wanting to make an page named "Welcome Team" should always put their
"This is a minor edit" is considered to be anything that is not content changing. Fixing broken links, changing fonts, correcting spelling mistakes, redoing format heading are all examples of minor edits.
Every page has a "Discussion" page in the top left, where writers should leave remarks for other writers. Formatting reasons or short disagreements on the content should be held there, but longer discussions between two writers may best be handled on a separating chatting program like Discord where threads can be created.
At the time of writing, there are 3 categories of pages:
Public Facing Documents
Any Church/Ministry can use this wiki for publicly facing documentation used internally or externally. Examples could be volunteering training pages, video list to complete to get baptized, or really anything. Discord and other chatting programs are great for discussions and sharing information that changes on a regular basis (cough AltspaceVR cough), a Wiki provides a place for semi-permanent info can be kept, but easily edited as things change. Having these sort of resources be public allows other budding Churches/Ministries to get ideas by looking at how other groups are doing it.
"[Church Name]" At the Beginning of the Title
Any Church/Ministry seeking to make a Wiki page for their church to use should put "[Church Name]" at the beginning of the title that way:
- Two Churches/Ministries don't write on the same page name.
- In alphabetical lists all pages associated to a Church/Ministry will appear in the same area alphabetically, making them easier to find.
"[Church Name]" Added as a Category
Any Church/Ministry seeking to make a Wiki page for their church to use should add the page to the "[Church Name]" category. "[Church Name]" categories allows more filtering options when looking for pages in a certain category, or another easy way to locate all pages for a specific Church. This can be done by going to the 3 Horizontal Bars button in the top right of the visual editor and clicking the "Categories" button in the dropdown that appears.
As for "Advice for starting a Church/Ministry", this will be a collaborative effort and one of the main goals of Metaverse Ministry Network. Although unity can often be difficult, let us strive as hard as we can for it in this fresh start we find God has led us to.
- 2 Corinthians 13:11 - Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.
- Ephesians 4:3 - [Be] eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- Colossians 3:14 - And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
Issues of theology should be presented, with links to dedicated pages on how specific Churches/Ministries/Individuals answer them. Hypothetical Example: "Communion" could present the fact that AR/VR/MMOs all do not have easy ways to taste/smell/digest food or liquid. Instead of answering the theological question, it would link to "VR MMO Church Communion" and "Cornerstone VR Communion" and "Chedders Communion" so it is clear that the answers presented are held by those groups, not the Metaverse Ministry Network Wiki itself.