Starting a Church
Step 1: Pray
Step 2: Read Nehemiah 2:11-20, meditating both on how Nehemiah prepared for the work, and under mocking just relied on God's provision.
Day 1: Explore
Prayerfully consider what platform.
Useful comparisons of the different platforms.
- VR Platform Comparison
- AR Platform Comparison
- XR Platform Comparison
- MMO Platform Comparison
- Video Platform Comparison
Or better yet, explore and try out that different platforms to get a feel for what platform God has positioned/called you to.
While at it, collect general advice for starting a Church in any metaverse by looking at Starting a Church Videos and Starting a Church Podcasts and Starting a Church Articles (like 10 Insights from 10 Weeks of Church in the Metaverse from Life.Church)
Day 2: Experiment
Create your First Event!
Use the knowledge collected during the exploration phase, and any advice that exists here for your specific platform.
- Starting a Church in AltspaceVR
- Starting a Church in VRChat
- Starting a Church in Rec Room
- Starting a Church in Bigscreen
- Starting a Church in Minecraft
Day 3: Establish
Solidify the Structure
- Budget where you need it (3D Modeler for a custom space, Graphics, etc...)
- Create volunteering roles and training documents
Define the Theology
Based on what you can do in the platform, decisions will need to be made about things like: